January 24, 2012

Tidbits

  • French pusher cup
  • Madonnna/Lady Gaga
  • Happy Birthday, Jennifer
  • Start a blog, Josh
  • Deriving joy
  • The rain falling on my windshield this morning looks suspiciously icy
  • This song should never have been remade

tid·bit

 noun \ˈtid-ˌbit\
Definition of TIDBIT
1: a choice morsel of food
2: a choice or pleasing bit (as of information)
 
 
As it were, I guess these are not really choice morsels of anything; most are just little bits of the unrelated chaos that zing through my brain as I go through my day.  No life-changing wisdom to be found here today; my brain is in a funny place this morning, and I seem to be having trouble developing thoughts in their entirety. :-9  If it's any indicator, I just tried to put the plastic wrap away in the refrigerator, and then I thought I could set a timer on our home phone, which has no timer function.  (Hm.  Should I be admitting these things?)  Anyway....

Now, let's see if I can write a remotely interesting and relatable post out of these random thoughts.....

French Pusher Cup:
Yes--I, too, thought Malia was referring to an element of a Madonna or Lady Gaga ensemble when I heard her speaking these words.  As it turns out, a "French Pusher Cup" is really just what she calls the handy little french-press travel mug Heidi gave me the other day.  Thanks, Heidi. :)
 
 
Madonna/Lady Gaga:
Speaking of, these two are not often on my mind, but virtually one and the same in my mind--they carry a similar vibe, relative to their time.  I heard LG's "Born This Way" for the first time yesterday, and I've gotta agree: it is reminiscent of a coupla Madge's songs, which I guess she's annoyed about.  I wonder, is this "tribute," or "copycat"?  I also wonder, "Why am I even thinking about this?" :-p

Happy Birthday, Jennifer:

Yesterday, my dear, wonderful, thoughtful, intelligent, shopping-savvy and multi-talented friend Jennifer turned onescore and 19 years.  (I'm counting on flattery to save me from a beatdown for revealing her age. That, and the Happy Feet-makers I got her for her birthday.  :-D)  Our friendship, slow to develop at first, has over time become one I value tremendously.  Jen has a weird sense of humor that cracks me up, and a thoughtfulness about life that has encouraged me to look at things differently than I may have otherwise.  We also get a big kick out of being so physically different; we are oft stared at when spending time together, as people try and figure out how in the world that tall blonde Swedish woman, and that short round Hawaiianish person know each other.  I think most of them end up concluding that I'm her adopted child.  :-D (I am SO not earning friendship points today.  I understand this. :-D)

Start a Blog, Josh:

My brother Josh is in Japan for a few months; I think it would be fabulous for him to start a blog chronicling his days there--just a pic or two, with a word or few, so we can see how it's going for him.  I wonder if he doesn't already do this on Facebook, but I'm not there.  So, oblige a loving older sister who thinks of you daily, Josh.  :)  Love you.


Deriving Joy:

Yeah--I definitely haven't thought this one through; just starting a running list of those things from which I derive joy--it's good for me to think of this.  I wonder what would be on your list?


The Rain Falling on my Windshield This Morning Looks Suspiciously Icy:

My relationship with the weather has gone from merely observing it, to actually having an opinion about it.  I wish I didn't; there really is as much loveliness to be found on a rainy day as there is on a sunny day.  I just find that I am having a growing preference for sunshine and blue skies.


This song should never have been remade:

There are some classic songs that should just be left alone.  Been there, done that, and (most importantly), nailed it.  Now, let it be, and go make up your own song. :-p

Oh!  I just had one more thought (aside from "What's up with this formatting?!):

Where did they get those eyes?:



Oldies, but goodies, and the effect is still the same on this mama; I really must strengthen my defenses.  :)

One more:
A less-angelic moment that still makes me grin. :)

Happy Tuesday!


5 comments:

Kale Recaido said...

great post! i like the little tidbits idea. what song should never have been remade though?

Michelle said...

oy vey - I've been MIA for several weeks!

Love the tidbits.

Love the pictures.

Growing preference for sunshine & blue skies? Definite preference for sunshine here.

Spent the morning basking in the sun on my couch, thinking, "What else can I accomplish while sitting on my couch?" writing, reading, checking schoolwork. lovely.

hope you have a lovely day tomorrow!

hugs,
~Michelle

Donna and Jim said...

Hi! I'm so glad that we met again at Special meeting in Seattle. I have seen your blog before and its beautiful and fun! I hope I'll see you again when I'm up sometime.

Bethany Raelene said...

You may have to e-mail Josh directly, begging for updates and photos like I do! He's the one person that you're not missing out on anything from by not being on fb because he never uses it! :) Hope all is well. Miss you!

Keala C. said...

Loving the "French Pusher Cup", because that absolutely makes better sense.

Deriving joy is a divine idea, I must implement. I guess I've been the pessimist and looked at the things that DON'T bring me joy and started removing them. I like your viewpoint much better! :)

MISS you all the mostest, and I'll call when we get home. XOXOXOXO