June 11, 2012

WhineFest (Sorry.)



Checking in again, with thoughts more random and irrelevant than usual.  Let's just jump right in, shall we?


Ain't Nothing Gonna Break-a My Stride

Okay--agreed:  I'm a short person with short legs, making for a short stride.  Throw in a usually laid-back personality, and you're not likely to find me first in line at...well, anywhere. 

However. (And there is almost always a "however.") 

Sometimes, you'll find me moving more slowly than usual--not by my own choice, but...(wait for it)....because the person in front of me is moving slowly.  (I know--you're just so accustomed to blaming the short girl.)  With that in mind, I just wanted to let you know: if you think that elbowing your way past me is going to solve your problem, I assure you--it won't.  Often, that urge in you to "big-body" your way past me, creates an urge in me  to stomp your toe, or stick my foot out to trip you as you ga-lump on by--none of you ever look graceful as you pull this move, FYI.  Maybe these guys can help you improve your technique and style:


You have been warned; take heed. (And if you insist on continuing this way, maybe wear steel-toed boots until your situational awareness starts improving.) 

I know; I'm such an angry elf. :-9


Keep trying, DoRe'

Made it to Zumba on Saturday morning; it was a full class, and after bumping elbows a few times with the lady next to me, I encouraged her to take the empty spot in the row ahead of us; she was the better Zumba-er, and I didn't want to embarrass myself dancing in front of her. There was a minor language barrier, but, before she took her place as Queen of Zumba Of The Second-To-Last Row, I'm pretty sure the gist of her (very sweet and sincere) response was that she, too, was not a very good dancer when she first started, but after coming for a year, she improved; I would get it eventually, she assured me.  (For those that don't know me, I have been doing Zumba for a year. More, actually.)

Ouch--I think I'll file that one under "Reality Check." ;-)

And here's that picture again.....



It's been confirmed--I'm a rightie. :-9

Now, switching gears to the really interesting humans in this household....


Genetic predisposition

That would seem to be the case, anyway; all five Recaido granddaughters have performance and recording credits to their names. :)  The girls put a few more under their belts this past week: Kiana and Mikela, with a piano and voice recital last Saturday; Mikela and Malia, with parts in their school's production of "The Emporer's New Clothes" (Miki on Tuesday, Malia on Friday).


"When You Wish Upon a Star..."


Getting ready to sing "Amazing Grace."

Performing "Beauty and the Beast."


Singing "Wind Beneath My Wings."


Baby Chorus Girl.
They all did well, as expected. :)  I mentioned on Facebook my delight at realizing my littlest chorus girl had memorized and was singing along to every song, including the solos. :D  She did sing quietly, but had a much harder time controlling the expressions on her face--she always speaks volumes with her eyebrows.  (Which makes her a pretty fantastic storyteller. :D)


Well, I was hoping to have one more segment here, but I'm having a hard time working it out; guess it'll make its way into a post another time.  Before I go, look at this:

It's good for me to see that hair in all its glory;
as her personal stylist, it definitely has its challenges. ;-)

All for now--
Happy Monday!


3 comments:

Shirley said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely daughters!!!

Guess you're better at Zumba than me...I've only done it once...in the very back so no one could see how far behind I was on the moves.... Then I bookmarked a bunch of vidoes on YouTube showing Zumba steps/moves that I was going to use to practice before going back to try Zumba again.... But guess what, I haven't gotten around to it! On a different subject, I'm doing pretty good with yoga! :) :)

Michelle said...

Beautiful pictures of your beautiful girls - love them!

Hugs,
~Michelle

PS I would NEVER try to elbow you out of my way. Double-pinky-promise. (probably cause I'm trying to keep up with longer-legged folks too. :) )

MSue and BMcD said...

BTW - the Ace Ventura "Zumba" picture makes me luagh every time!!