May 24, 2012

A Very Random, No-Cry Post (I promise.)


Thursday, Thursday, Thursday....

Having such a hard time getting started this morning--no energy, but not tired enough to fall back into bed and properly recharge; maybe this extra cup of coffee will help....

You read; I'll sip.

A dialogue:

The other night, in a conversation I won't find nearly as funny once the girls start dating (so, like, in 30 years, or so), Malia, aka Kolohe Girl, was teasing her sister about a certain boy who shall remain nameless:

Malia (chanting): You like him! Kiana likes ________!  Kiana looooves ______!

Kiana (with a silly little grin): Yeah....and?

Malia: Well....(think...think..think)...well, I like him, too!  I like _____!  I'm going to marry him.  He's mine, he's mine, he's mine! (insert evil Malia laugh here.)

Kiana (still grinning, rolls eyes):  Okay, Malia....whatever.

Mom (interjecting):  Nuh-uh, Malia; nobody belongs to anybody.  You belong to Mom, and Dad, and God; when you find someone who will take better care of you than I can, you can date him.  Until then, nuh-uh. 

(Apparently, I don't believe in waiting to contradict myself.  No, sir; I like to do it in the very next breath.)

Kiana: Aha!  See, Malia? Mom said you can't date anyone until they can take better care of you than she can.  Wait....(brief contemplative pause, and then, the golden question)...

"...is that even possible?"

:D :D :D
  
Well-played, Oldest Daughter; well-played. 
I bestow upon you 1 BILLION Good Daughter points; now, go in peace.



An open letter:

Dear "Anonymous Comment Leavers,"

When I was a young girl, I often dreamed of having a secret admirer who would shower me with expressions of loving kindness and good deeds.  Of course, I had none. (I survived.)

Unfortunately, this idea no longer holds the same appeal for the grown-up me.  I still gratefully receive expressions of loving kindness and good deeds (preferably in the form of Starbuck's), but feel a little more comfortable knowing exactly from whose heart they come. 

So, don't be shy; reveal thyself, Friend!  I bare my soul in some of these posts; I really like to know who's relating.  So, text me, shoot me an email, message me on Facebook; help me save face (I'm a big "fail!" when it comes to trying to figure out who's who; I've done it once or twice, I think. :-9).

Thank you, and I probably love you, too,
DoRe' 



An experiment:

(Well, okay; it didn't start out as one, but it sure was telling.) 


I'm Sexy, and I Know it.

If we're friends on Facebook, this may look familiar; it was my profile pic for a few days.   I posted it after Kiana and Jeannie created and presented it to me; honestly, I was just stoked they remembered I existed.  (Teenagers. ;-9) 
So, here's what I learned:
  • Purple actually isn't my colorBummer.
  • Most people aren't even paying attention (and that's a good thing)As the stunning 4-and-a-half-foot-tall curvalicious beauty that I am, there are some days when it feels like 87.4% of Silverdale's population is staring at me; it's enough to make a (half-)grown woman consider the possibility that she may look, you know....different(I wouldn't mind it so much if people would at least smile back when I notice them staring, but they can't, it seems; I have to presume it's taking their entire mental capacity to figure out exactly what is going on--"Is that a woman?  Is that a child?  Oh, wait--I think she's a movie star! Didn't she play one of the Oompa Loompas in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?")  And now I'm going to contradict myself again: when I posted this picture, the response was....nothing.  Nada.  For a few days, at least.  Finally, one brave soul, possessing the truth and grace of an enduring friend, broached the subject with a simple ".....?...." and then, her honest opinion of  "Meh. I now have a deeper appreciation for your natural beauty."  :D  Anyway, long story short (um...too late, DoRe'), I was reminded again that 1) the world does not revolve around me, and 2) I can be who I be, be it whatever it be, and still be okay; no one's staring at me! (This sentence inspired by Dr. Seuss, of course.)  Of course, there is also the distinct possibility that:
  • My friends think I'm capable of some pretty major fashion atrocities.  To see this, and not be able to confidently laugh it off because you're not so certain it's a fake, and you don't want to hurt my feelings just in case I actually did go out and PUT PURPLE STRIPES IN MY HAIR?  Come on, you guys!  Nothin' wrong with purple stripes, but, really--ME?!  We need to spend more time together, apparently, and get reacquainted.

And now, the Good Stuff:

That picture was horrible; let me make it up to you with some shots of my gorgeous nieces participating in their first Hula Drama.
These girls, while not mine by birth, take their places in my heart right next to my own daughters; I love you, Cali and Kawena.
Cali

Kawena

She's the real deal, people.

This literally takes my breath away.
Happy Thursday!


3 comments:

Keala C. said...

I hear you on needing to recharge. Must I mention I spent most of yesterday in bed? ;)

Kiana might have very well paid Malia for that 'set up'. But it's absolutely true, how will anyone ever love and care for them as much/as well as we do? Not possible. ;)

Hula Drama, 2013. Pencil it in. And then pen when you book your tickets. :)

Love and miss you all too much. Always thinking of you! <3

Michelle said...

VERY well-played oldest daughter!!

She made me laugh! YOU make me laugh!

(Purple stripes? Really? How on EARTH did I miss that on facebook??)

Hugs to you this last day of May,

Michelle

PS - have you seen the pictures of me on my blog? Posted just for you. yes - few and far between, yet they are there.

Anonymous said...

Heehee. :)
-Kiana