May 21, 2012

Mama's Day Gift

Well, I may as well be up-front about it:

This post will be a bragfest. 

A long-overdue, straight-up, oh-no-she-di'int,
oh-yes-I-think-I-DID bragfest.

But, really; how can I not?

♥ ♥ ♥
My girls, with the sweet brown eyes.


Just hangin' out.





One of my favorites of Miki. Ever.  ♥

These fantastic photos were included in the book the girls made for me for Mother's Day;
the following shots were not. 
(Thank goodness.)

These faces were meant to hide the fact that
I cried like a baby when I opened this gift.
They also highlight the fact that I am a complete dork.
I am aware of this.
So, the girls finally learned their lesson: 
The key to surprising Mom
(Master Skeptic and Finder-Outter-of-All-Surprises)
is to leave Dad 
(Guy-Who-Can't-Keep-A-Secret-To-Save-His-Life) 
completely out of the loop until his (credit card) involvement is absolutely necessary.
Even then, he still came thisclose to slipping up, but they managed to pull it off.
♥ I am thrilled. ♥

As usual, photography credits go to Bethany Raelene Studio;
gorgeous model credits go to Kiana, Mikela, and Malia.
I heard Josh was whining about not getting any credit for hauling that chair out to the field for the shoot; here you go, Bruddah ChairMan. 
(What a diva.)

Up the hill.
Down the hill.
I think it was worth it.
(And he's a definite keeper. ♥)





Hope you had a great weekend;
Happy Monday!

7 comments:

Janis said...

Oh my!!!! What a great gift! I would cry too. I love they photos and your family!

June said...

Just found your blog. Love the photos and the book your girls made. Wow. Also, love the quotes and philosophy on the sidebar. Looking forward to reading more of your posts. June (Michele's Mom)

Shilani said...

You could charge to read your blog...I would pay, seriously...it's some kind of therapy...maybe because I feel the same mommy feelings, but can't ever put them so beautifully, so it helps to see them here...Of course, maybe it would help if I could borrow Bethany and Josh, too :-P

MSue and BMcD said...

GORGEOUS PICS of the girls - and GORGEOUS GIRLS! :) What an awesome MD gift!

Anonymous said...

Plenty to brag about ;-) beautifully done... I need your girls to teach my boys a thing or two about mother's day gifts...lol

Michelle said...

That. Is. Awesome.

You have the best girls ever! What a PERFECT Mother's Day gift.

Beautiful pictures - just beautiful. I love the ones of your brother (the diva) hauling the chair to and from the field.

Hugs to you,
~Michelle

(and yes, I am a bit jealous. :) )

Keala C. said...

Perfection.