November 22, 2011

Rambling (Again)


Be you a planner or a procrastinator (I'm somewhere in between), Thanksgiving is upon us.  Yay!

Yay! for time with family and friends.
Yay! for delicious meals.
Yay! for tryptophan-induced slumber parties in the living room; just find a comfy spot on the floor.*

*I am aware there is some debate over the whole tryptophan-sleep connection; for the purposes of this post, however:

  1. I like the word "tryptophan," and
  2. I like the idea of being able to attribute my desire for an afternoon nap to some legit-sounding amino acid, versus plain old pigginess and overeating.


But, first things first: grocery shopping.  (Seriously.  Again?!?)

Yesterday was a rainy Monday morning (of course), so Shilani and I threw on our raincoats (and snorkels and masks and fins), and set out in search of the perfect turkey.  I guess we got confused about what turkeys look like, and came home with these:
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Dancin' shoes.
That's right; we both got these.
(To be fair, I spotted them first.

Now we're matchy-matchy Zumba twinsies.
(Hm.  I typed that with heavy sarcasm, but it kinda has a ring to it, no?)



Look at these:
Some sassy boots I found on Sunday.
They are still in the box in the hallway, as I try to decide whether I
will ever have enough attitude to pull off wearing such a thing.
I'll keep you posted.


Speaking of sassy boots, check these out:
Littlest Daughter. 
Proof that, sometimes, it's just a matter of finding the right outfit
to go with the shoes.

Middle Daughter, workin' those sassy boot covers like a rock star.
Or Supergirl, as it were.

Oldest Daughter, in her sassy boots.
I swear I just took this pic last week,
but date stamps say it's been closer
to 10 years.  Wha--?!
(Because it never feels like a proper post without mention of the cutest people in this household. :D)

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

Bethany Raelene said...

I knew I saw the boot box just sitting there tonight! I want to see you rockin those, they are so cute! Don't you dare take them back Dore'! :)

Michelle said...

I agree - those boots rock! Keep them, keep them! You'll find the perfect outfit - eventually.

Hugs,
~Michelle

PS - love the look of your turkey! :)
PS#2 - Happy Thanksgiving!