November 7, 2011

Quick Post

On Saturday, Shilani and I packed up the girls and headed to the land of all things pink and pricey--the American Girl store at Alderwood.  This has been a much-anticipated event in this household, since receiving the invite to l'il miss Aurora's birthday party at the Bistro, located in the store. :)  (Sidenote: We're not new to the brand, but I never fail to have the wind knocked out of me whenever I glance the price tags; someone should tell them that printing the prices in tiny little font on tiny little tags is not fooling the rest of us. :-p) Still, despite the recurring bouts of hyperventilation, it's hard not to enjoy yourself in this wonderland of pinky happiness, where everyone floats about smiling bubbles and sunshine, and my daughters, full of wonder, are thankful again to be made of sugar 'n spice, and everything nice. :)

Birthday girl!

Smile!

Special guests. :)

She thought this was pretty cool.

Rory's mama, Arica. 
She makes the Favorite People in the Whole Wide World list.

Happy Birthday, Rory!
Group shot again.

After lunch, a visit to the doll hair salon. :)


A few shots from the Hemming girls' (mom, too) first ferry crossing...(thanks, Kiana) 

Watching train from ferry--very cool.

 Mount Rainier in the clouds;
reminded me of home, and seeing Maui in the distance on our drives home from Kona.

She keeps this smile well-hidden. :)

Abby Cadabby!

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

The American Girl doll store. What fun! My girls each got a trip with Papa and Nana (my parents) to the Chicago store to pick out a doll when they were eight. Those dolls are well-loved, that's for sure!

(And I too have heart failure when I look at the prices, I immediately buried the American Girl Doll catalog in the recycling bin when it arrived in our mailbox, thankful I was the one who happened to get the mail that day.)

I think you sent your rainy PacNW weather here - no fair! :)

Hugs,
~Michelle

Keala C. said...

FUN FUN FUN FUN!!!! :)