November 26, 2011

Loose Ends

Lot of little stuff:

  • First, a glimpse at the stuff that shows up in my email:
Nice.
               Apparently, it's working.  But I won't be back. 
 
 
Now, moving on.....
  • It was a happy Turkey Day at the brothers' house, with the baby brothers.  We chose not dwell on the fact that we were not with the rest of our family; this was made easier by the company we kept on that day--thanks, Hemmings and Robinsons. :)  (But, no pictures! :-6)

  • Totally irrelevant aside: Marvin Williams of the Atlanta Hawks was hanging out at the Bremerton YMCA on Thanksgiving morning.  I Zumba-ed with his mama.  He is 6'9".  No fair.


  • "Helped" the Hemmings move to Kingston.  I didn't really do anything, except clear my husband to go over and donate his muscle power.  Oh--I guess I watched their kiddos.  But I do that every day, so what? :-9  Their new place is right on the water--YES! I don't know why the thought of sitting in the living room of one of my best friends in the world, drinking coffee, and watching the ferries come and go is so appealing, but it really, really is.  Kingston's about to become my 2nd home.          
I don't really know why they're so cool; they just are.

  • The girls got it in their heads that they wanted to go Black Friday shopping this year--ugh.  I agreed to take them out, on condition that I could call the thing off without complaint if I deemed the situation unsafe.  Hm...let me think about this...what about this wouldn't be unsafe?
  1. Walking through dark parking lots in the middle of the night.      
  2. Standing out in the freezing cold for hours on end without adequate cold-weather gear.      
  3. Entering a building with frenzied masses willing to whip out the pepper spray if you can't figure out where the end of the line is.

(What is up with this formatting?!)

I went in my pajamas, confident that once they saw the lines, and the distances from the car
to the line to the door, they'd be over it; they did not disappoint. (Sigh of relief--my pajamas are ugly.) :-p

Well, there's more, I think, but it's past this girl's Saturday night bedtime.  

Happy Saturday-turning-into-Sunday!
        

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Ha! I wasn't expecting a pic of Marv on here! :)

Michelle said...

What?! Quitting facebook? :(

I laughed about your girls & your jammies. That's awesome. You're the best mom EVER.

Happy Turkey day to you and yours!

Hugs,
~Michelle

PS I feel the way about zamboni machines at the ice rink that you do about ferries. Both are cool. And amazing.

PPS Jealous about the coffee over looking the water with good friends. Invite me! Invite me! :)

Michelle said...

PPPS - I was scrolling through your blog and thought - WHAT? Why do you have a picture of my grandparents? Are we related somehow?

Oh yeah. You link to my blog. *hand slaps forehead.* My cue it is time for this chicka to go to bed. :)