November 17, 2011

Promises

It was one of those days yesterday. 

Should I clean house, or go grocery shopping?
Take a nap, or go to the gym?
Put my left sock on first, or my right?

So many decisions, so many things to think about, even the weather couldn't make up its mind.  And while my indecisiveness generally leads to a complete lack of productivity, the weather's indecisiveness sometimes leads to rainbows. :)  

This is not the rainbow I saw yesterday.  If it was, it would
have been super cool, though, 'cause that would mean I
was on a boat in Hawaii.  :-D

When I see a rainbow, I think, "an optical and meteorological phenomenon that causes a spectrum of light to appear in the sky when the Sun shines on to droplets of moisture in the Earth's atmosphere."

Or something like that, anyway. (Thanks, Wikipedia.) 

My reading yesterday morning gave me pause for a minute: "I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth." 

I often forget this.

I forget that it's a reminder of one of God's promises, made and kept since the days of Noah.  (How's that for honoring your word?)

Reminded of a poem I came across a few weeks ago, on the blog of a friend of a friend. :)


The Devil's NOT In The Details
The details are holy.
Wholly
life-affirming,
life-saving,
attitude-adjusting.

How can you not be recharged by
constellations marching
sun glinting
blue skies blazing
trees changing
hawks soaring.

The details are holy.


©Mary Lee Hahn, 2011



Thankful.

(Oh, and Happy Friday!)


No comments: