February 18, 2010

Mr. & Mrs. Campbell



Thinking of these two today--it's been 8 years since that dude in the uniform whisked my sister and niece off to Yuma, Ah-wee-zoh-nah (that's how Cali used to say "Arizona"), to start a new life as husband and wife.  I'll whine a little bit about not being able to watch my sister get married, but I guess the whole we-got-married-in-Reno story is kind of cute, so I won't carry on for too long. ;-9

There is much emotion as I consider my sister and her husband.  They have walked some difficult paths, both before they knew each other, and in their last 8 years together.  I am grateful for the tremendous strength that kept my sister pushing forward through the tough experiences; and for the incredible love and devotion that my brother-in-law has shown, both to her, and to my precious, precious nieces.  

The depth of feeling is so much greater than my words can convey, so I'll just leave it at this.  

I love you two; happy, happy anniversary, and wishing you many more to come.  ♥


                                     

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful, Do Re' - what a tribute to your sister and her family.

You are really on a blogging roll! :) Perhaps you should join me for Poetry Wednesday & Front Door Fridays - It's always helpful to have something specific to write about. :) Some weeks those are the only blogs I get posted.

Hugs,
~Michelle

Keala C. said...

Thanks Sis! What a beautiful post - got me all choked up. I will add to the "never got to see my sister get married" sentiment with the "never got to see my sister pregnant or experience the birth of any of my nieces"...seriously. What were we thinking?!

<3 <3