February 16, 2010

Midnight Posting

Must.  Post.  Now.  Self-imposed midnight deadline....Must Write FASTER!!!! 


So this habit formation makes for really boring posts; I apologize.  Today was very school-focused, which also doesn't make for terrific blogging, unless you're interested in...um...shoot.  I think I've officially data-dumped.  Hope the kids haven't. :p


We're starting our serious hunt for well-priced tickets to D.C.; they were looking fantastic, as recently as last week, but the evil airfare goblin has now taken hold, making me wish I'd just jumped on it then.  Oh, indecisiveness, why dost thou haunt me this way?  I had a brief moment of weakness, and considered not going, but seriously?!  I'm going to let a tiny little airfare hike keep me, and more importantly, the girls, from an opportunity like this?  I think not.  Everything else is covered, as this is business travel for the hubby; we're definitely going.


This mama is tired, and we've got another long day ahead of us tomorrow, so off to bed I go.  Maybe I'll get the camera out tomorrow....

Sweet dreams!

(By the way, if anyone has any must-see recommendations for D.C., please share!  I'm getting totally overwhelmed by all there is to see and do there; what are your favorites?)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

About DC - It's been a long time since I've been there, but I'd say, focus on what's important to your girls.

We're going later this year, and a stop at the Air & Space Museum is a MUST for my boys.

Washington Monument. Lincoln Monument. Do your girls love art? Go to the National Gallery for a day.

Don't try to see it all. You'll just make your girls - and yourself - crazy.

Hope that helps friend!
~Michelle

Mikela said...

of course!!!! i guessed it!!!
MY memory card(yours,but mine)?!?!?

Luv, miki

Mochas, Mountains and Moby Wraps said...

DEFINITELY agree with the "don't see it all" comment. And don't worry about what you don't see! That said, you "have" to see the Mall w/ the Washington Monument and the Jefferson Memorial and the Smithsonian - even better if it happens to be when Cherry trees are blooming! I have no idea what your girls are into but I have happy memories of the Air and Space museum and IMAX and also of the First Ladies exhibit (I'm thinking maybe it was a wax museum? There were models wearing a dress from each of the first ladies, at any rate). Not sure how long you get to stay but don't plan more than one or two event/museums per day if you can help it - that way you can go at a leisurely pace and the kids won't get totally wiped out. Did you want a novel from me in response to this blog post?! =) Another comment: If you can manage to get to a meeting while you're there, I have to say that's always a huge bonus in expanding our circle of unity - for adults and kids alike. Let me know if you want/need contact info. Mostly, ENJOY!!!!!