February 15, 2010

DoRe' Was Here

(Again, an "If-I-can-just-show-up-for-21-days-maybe-I'll-get-to-call-myself-a-regular-blogger" post.  This, I believe, is Day 2.  

Ah!  It's actually Day 3--yay, me! :D)

Today was a lazy day; we finally meandered out of the house at about 2 in the afternoon.  Destination: car lots.  

We ended up taking the Ford Flex out for a test drive; it was a comfy ride, and it seemed like it could be a good fit for our family.  We're getting kind of tired of our minivan status symbol, but we really aren't small enough to fit into the midsize-SUVs I've been looking at; this could strike the balance.  

Another major bonus: the lives of others would be minimally endangered when I'm behind the wheel of it, as I can actually reach the gas/brake pedals and see over the dashboard--at the same time.  (We four-and-a-half-footers take those kinds of things more seriously than you think.)  As of now, though, you may want to continue to exercise extreme caution if you spot a red Nissan Quest with Hawaiian stickers all over the back window; I'm still driving it.  You may not be able to see me; that just means I'm down on the floorboard, trying to reach the brake pedal.

Happy Monday!


5 comments:

Shirley said...

After reading your post, I had to look up the Ford Flex...as I'd never heard of it! We need a new vehicle, too, so we really need to get going and start test driving, rather than just looking!:)

Michelle said...

Do Re' -

You ALWAYS make me laugh!

We had a stick-on-the-column van when I was a teenager which had a horrific clutch. The shift point of the clutch was about an inch below the floor. (OK I am exaggerating, but not by much).

Anyway, I would pull the seat as far forward as I could, sit as far forward in the seat as I could and still be buckled in, and try to drive that van. I cannot tell you how many times I ground those gears or froze those gears because I was just TOO SHORT to reach that shift point on the clutch. I cannot say that I miss that van.

Good luck locating that brake pedal dear friend!

Hugs,
Michelle

Keala C. said...

Oooohhh!!! I likey. Both the frequency of your posts - and the Ford Flex!

Mochas, Mountains and Moby Wraps said...

Laughing!!!!!!

Anita said...

I laughed so hard, I snorted. And I DON'T snort. The visual was very enlightening!