February 23, 2010

Remembering...

Oy.  Quick post, as I try to ignore the little "You're a blogging failure!" voices in my head. :D

It's been pleasantly busy around here: school, meeting, classes at the Y, sniffly noses and sore throats, date nights, finalizing travel plans, and so on.  The next few days ahead will continue that trend, with birthday parties, ladies night, and hopefully, some more car-shopping (-buying?)  

Tomorrow, we'll be attending the funeral of a dear, dear man.  Max was one of the elders in our area for a long time; I went to his and Leota's home for union Sunday meetings when I first moved to Port Orchard.  In our meeting last Sunday, Frank spoke about Max and his simplicity--"There was nothing fancy about him."  That is so true, and one of the things I enjoyed about him.  He was a quiet man, and a kind one; his words to me were few, but his smile always extended all the way up to his eyes, and that meant more to me than all the fancy words in the world.

He will be missed, but "Sweet is the rest."

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear about your friend...

And just ignore that voice in your head. You're doing much better than I at your blogging. I have about three or four posts in my head... but no time or inclination to get them onto my blog.

Bottom line - you're doing great! :)
~Michelle

Shirley said...

Well, our car shopping didn't take very long. (But the process of going through all the paperwork did...it was a busy day, I guess--so in total we were at the dealership about 4 hours.) We got the Ford Fusion! I will be blogging about it soon.

Good luck to you in finding your perfect vehicle!

Keala C. said...

Hi Sis-
Hope all is well with you guys! :-D Wish we were joining you in DC! Love you!

Kale Recaido said...

Max and Leota? Hmm...were they around when I was up there?

Buy an 87 Corolla. I hear those things are awesome.