December 14, 2011


No blogging. More shopping. Have I mentioned how much I dislike shopping? I defy gender stereotypes with my disdain for it. (And how come all of the negative words in the last two sentences start with the letter "d" ? Random.)

But let me just share something I started the other day; an incomplete thought, really, but it fuels my happy, and I will definitely need that as I slog through the mall today:


"They said that it's all great and happy, and that it's magical, but it's not. It's creepy." 
                          --Malia, on "The Elf on the Shelf" guy.

Hm.  She may have a point.

As always, funnier to watch Malia say something like this--her facial expressions are always so entertaining--but no vid.  (Just one of her hiding under the covers crying, and me laughing and sounding like a general "FAIL" of a parent, so we'll leave that one in the archives.)

Happy Wednesday!



1 comment:

Michelle said...

I have been MIA with Christmas activities, choir practice, work (that actually pays!), and wrapping gifts.

I share your disdain, dislike and general horror of shopping.

Just so you know you're not alone.

My husband, who defies gender generalizations, enjoys shopping. He even enjoys grocery shopping.

(Thank the good Lord he sent me this man! We wouldn't eat otherwise.)

Hugs, and Merry, merry Christmas!!

Love,
~Michelle