May 4, 2011

Sport Girls

I can't remember which one of my girls coined that term in this household, but I like it. 

So much less intimidating to this girl, who was always best at loping plonking (let's be real here) ungracefully up and down the field/court/whatever, praying that the real athletes wouldn't pass me the ball. 
 (See? Just typing "athlete" brought back old feelings of inadequacy.)

Here are a few pics of our Sport Girls; finally remembered to take the camera.  Miki and Malia just finished up another session of gymnastics, and Kiana continues to aspire to be like her
Uncle Kale on the volleyball court.

Malia on the rings.

Work those abs, girl!


Sloooowwwly....

Her "I'm concentrating" face.

Talking story.

Listening.

Get ready!

Serve.

Breathe.



In other news, today is my baby brother's birthday--Happy 19th birthday, Snowshoes!

Hahahaha. :)   Let's try that again:

Love you, little brother.




Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

so, so proud of you non-athletic momma! (I can say that 'cause I could write that sentence about 'real athletes' too. Despite the fact my dad and brother were super athletic. My brother is still athletic.)

Love the pictures of your sports girls!

Hugs,
~Michelle

MSue and BMcD said...

Happy Birthday to NOAH!! Much love from Portland!