May 2, 2011

Doom and Gloom

Let me just say this:

This little man will be entering the final year of his teenage-dom on Wednesday.




The sweet little girl on the right turns 11-years-old
about a week after that.
 (And now despises being called cute.)



And, finally, the mom and the dad in this picture
turned 56 and 57, respectively, last month.


I have a sense that this latest bout with writer's block is related to the lack of discussion regarding the birthdays of these people, punctuated by the recent passing of a dear, dear woman we have considered family since I was a child.  All have served as reminders of the swift passage of time:  unsettling, lump-in-my-throat-inducing, wow-I-guess-I'm-not-the boss-of-everything reminders.

Happy Monday! :-p


(Just kidding.  I mean, do have a happy Monday,
and maybe check in later to see if I've come up with some way to properly end this post. :)


1 comment:

Keala C. said...

Love the stroll down memory lane, Sis! <3