July 7, 2008

The Way We Were...

My mom and my sister, in simpler times.


It makes me smile to think of my mom in this moment; I don't know who took it, or even why they chose to capture it, but it is a familiar scene in my memory as a young child, trying to keep up with Mom as she carried the sleeping babies into the house after a long ride home from somewhere. I know her mind was busy with whatever would come next: getting dinner started, maybe putting a load of laundry in before that--the usual, daily doings of a busy mama that I am now so familiar with myself.

Little did she know she was creating a moment precious enough to give her children pause as they come across this picture over 20 years later.

This is where I stop, and take stock,and decide to worry less about dazzling my children with everything I never had,and concern myself more with making sure they get everything I was lucky enough to have.

Thanks, Mom & Dad.

5 comments:

Lindie said...

Very sweetly put, and a beautiful moment captured…

Just me said...

This is very beautiful and almost puts a tear in my eyes which isnt an easy thing to do. You are so lucky to have these wonderful memories especially at a time like this. You are truly blessed in every aspect of your life, the girls, the patience to put up with my brother (lol jk) everything. I am constantly reminded that dedicating your life to soley be a mother and the sacrafices that go along with it is one of the hardest and time consuming jobs there is. I hope you can do as I do as a mom and remind yourself daily how rare and wonderful us stay at home moms are now a days. You should be very proud of how wonderful the girls truly are because it is all because of you and the morals you teach them. I miss you all so much!!!!

Shirley said...

That is a very precious photo! Was nice to read all of your recent posts, and get a little glimpse of life in your neck of the woods (or perhaps I should say "sound" as in Puget Sound!).

-S.

Lindie said...

I LOVE the new background and changes to your page!! How did you do that?

K 'n' K said...

Hi li'l Angel,
Now i know where some of your sweetness comes from ;) Our parents did indeed give us a rich heritage & precious moments. My love to your folks! Hugs, K