January 4, 2015

::four::


Today brought with it some special dinner guests--our next door neighbors.  This family was here to welcome us to the neighborhood with open arms 11 years ago; you know--back in my glory days, when I was still taller than all of the kids.  It has been our good fortune and privilege to live next door long enough to watch every one of them shoot up past me.  (Granted, that part only took about 2 years.)  This past July, they set off for sunnier climes, and defected to California; we were slightly heartbroken, because they are

 the. best.  
 (Seriously.) 

Thankfully, they still have just cause and reason to make their way back to Washington on occasion, and so we were glad to get the call for dinner this eve; time with them is time well-spent, truly.    Want to see all the awesome shots I got of their evening here?




There ya go. 

The truth remains: I am a horrible documentarian, of both the big and the little moments that give our lives depth and meaning.  (Although I guess one could argue that chocolate chip cookies have been known to offer much depth and meaning to millions of lives the world over, so I'll let *you* decide.) 

But I have purposed this year to become more diligent in capturing at least one moment per day, and so here we are; stick with me--it's bound to get better.

(The other truth: I didn't even take this picture. Thanks, Kiana.;-9)


{all for now}


No comments: