January 11, 2015

:: eleven ::


So....this went out today:






I'll be honest here: we were totally caught off-guard. We opened it up, and took a collective gasp, looking at each other in wide-eyed bewilderment.  I think I was the first to break the stunned silence:





"Well, that's definitely not the font we thought they'd use..."


(Gotcha, didn't I? ;-9)


In case you don't know, the couple in that picture are not models in an advertisement for classy holiday cards; no, they are my brother and his lovely wife, on the verge of a new and very real adventure.   If you don't know how this family feels about babies, then it's safe to presume that you've never had the great pleasure of trying to wrestle your baby back out of the loving arms of any one of us--and we are four generations strong, so it's quite a workout for any new parent.  (I think I'm also getting to the root of why we are only ever invited anywhere once.)

To say we are excited about this impending arrival is putting it very mildly; not only are our "babies" 10-years-old, but he will be the first grandson/nephew/boy cousin for both the Recaido and the Joyce families.  Joshua has gifted our family with lots of "firsts" in recent years; it makes sense that he'd be the one to make my sister and I uncles for the first time!

Hahaha.

{All for now.}



No comments: