February 20, 2012

Weekend Update

Another great weekend. :)  

We headed down to Portland on Friday:  Daddy and girls, to explore the city; I, to hang with my homies, my "ONWGs (Original NorthWest Girls, duh ;-D),"  my "peeps" from my early days here in Washington. 

(Let me know if I'm trying too hard.... ;-9) 

Truly, though, these girls were the first friends I made after moving here: they embraced me in all my shy, ignorant, timid 18-year-oldness, and have never let go; for this, I am thankful. 

Just chillaxin' on Friday night. 

The party spread on Saturday.
Liev got to be man of the house for the weekend.  (I know it's blurry, but I
just couldn't resist posting this.)

This is what he looks like with clothes on. :-D  CUTE.
The Rallier-of-the-Troops, Party Planner Extraordinaire, and Mommy of Liev.
To her right, Homemaker Extraordinaire, in the only pic I have of her
on this day; she was always working diligently behind the scenes, making sure
things were running smoothly.  A quiet reminder to me of having the
heart of a servant.
Mama of the Mama. :)

Big sister, proud sister.
Mylene's oldest. :)
Mylene's youngest. :)
She has always been stunning...
Glow on wit' yo' bad self, girl..... :)
The "We *Heart* iPhones" club.
Duty calls.  I mean, husbands.  Yeah... husbands. :)

Sisters....

More sisters, on Sunday morning. :)


Kiana calls these "texture shots."  (What do *I* know?)

Yum...

After meeting on Sunday.
(Why, yes, I am standing on a step; why do you ask?) :D

I wish we had pictures of dinner with Aunty Karen and Koral on Sunday night, but I forgot the camera at the hotel. :(

I'll close with a couple pics from Valentine's Day:

The Valentines the girls made for each of their classes. 
I can't tell you how much joy it brought me to cut out 120 tiny little paper leaves.

Pretty in pink... :)
It's good to be home. 

Now in the throes of putting a goodbye dinner together; thanks, Kale. :-S

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Marla said...

I heart our weekend together!! Thanks SO MUCH for coming down. I'm completely in love with your daughters too....so cute!! Love you!

Michelle said...

Ah - pictures - and recent ones! (see my latest post) :)

Looks like good times - and you're an awesome mom for cutting out all those leaves.

Our valentine's day prep:

"Don't you have a V-day party today at lunch at co-op?"

"Yes, Mom, I do!"

"Let's stop on the way for candy."

"OK."

'cause that's how I roll. :)

Happy Wednesday!

Hugs,
~Michelle