July 30, 2009

How Proper Ladies Spend Their Days in 100 Degree Weather


In an air-conditioned teahouse, of course! :D

The girls and I joined Melanie and her girls for storytime at The Storybook Tea and Boutique in Manette yesterday--what a sweet little place! The girls enjoyed lemonade, stories, and playtime with the wonderful collection of puppets, dollhouses, and other toys just waiting to be discovered. She also has an amazing selection of dress-up things, available for playdates at the teahouse. Just being there made me feel dainty, and that's not a word most would associate with me! ;-9
You'll forgive the mediocre photography; I walk among professionals, so I'm developing a complex. Oh, well. Do what you can.

As you can see, it's a cozy and inviting little place:
Full of things you never knew you wanted:
A lot of the items in her store are created by moms in this area, so you'll find some really unique things; we found a few hair pretties we couldn't leave without.

Here is the owner and gracious hostess, Wendy, reading to the girls, on the floor, barefoot.
Just my style! :D

It was a fun way to spend a sweltering morning; looking forward to our next visit!



No comments: