March 15, 2015

:: twelve ::


(So, here's the deal:  You remember back in January, when I claimed I'd post a pic a day, and then failed not-so-epically, because we all know that that is my typical modus operandi?  Yeah, that.  Well, I'm not sure I should get any credit for this (I absolutely should), but despite the lack of evidence of life here on the blog, I still tried to take at least a pic, or a screen shot, or something that captured a moment in my day, and upload it to the drafts folder, so I'd have it there if I ever decided to show my face again. I started to sputter right around NFC championship time (I had a party to plan, duh), but I did surprisingly well with making sure I left my phone available for my children to hijack and use as their personal selfie-taking machine. :-p)

So, looking back, this is what I uploaded for January 12th.  If you'll recall, I was contemplating getting a jumpstart on my mid-life crisis, and, as such, was spending more time than usual at the gym, training.  I had some very specific goals that I hoped to accomplish:
  1. Break my personal record for "Longest Talk Story Session after a Workout," and 
  2. Discover the most perfect post-workout smoothie combination the YMCA's coffee shop has to offer.
Oh, and I guess I did want to be able to walk 3.1 miles before the sun went down.  Minor.

Anyway, one night, my Mister and I headed to the gym by ourselves, determined to get a quick workout in; we weren't quick enough, apparently, as this text evidences:



She's sassy, isn't she?  I guess she called, but my phone was hiding in my locker, so then she felt the need to resort to scathing text messages. 

But--never fear; I've been translating this girl's love language for 14 years, and she is clearly saying, "Mama, where are you?  I thought you would be home by now, and I'm a little worried about you.  I miss you; please call me ASAP, so I know you're safe, and so I can ask you to stop by the store and pick up some ice cream for us. I love you."

You see it, don't you?  Yeah, I thought so. :)

 {All for now.}

No comments: