October 29, 2011

Trial Run

My former roommate and dear old friend Heidi will be turning oldy-years-old in a few days; in honor of this, her mama threw her a "You're-Turning-Old!" party last night.  (In case you have the mostly good fortune of knowing me only from afar, I am typically a sweet and respectful young woman who honors my elders--thanks, Mom & Dad, for raising us well. :)  However, I do get a kick out of teasing my friends on special occasions, or on days that have vowels in their names, as a subtle reminder that I am "The Baby" amongst us. )

The party was costume-optional, but in this household with three li'l girls, an opportunity to dress up was not going to be passed up:

Cleopatra II.  Her cousin had this same
costume last year, and she gave her due
credit all evening. :)
Miki, getting into character.
Zombie School Girl.
Super Abby!
Heading out.
Still trying to leave. (There were 207
images on the memory card; most of them
looked like this. :-9)
Birthday Girl!
Party guests.
They are fast turning into their daddys' worst nightmares. 
Next year, they can just walk around with sheets over their heads.
If we even let them out of the house.
Thankfully, their dads can look pretty scary
themselves.
"You lookin' at my daughter?"
"N-n-no, sir; I was staring at your wife!"  I
 think my Granny really does have this dress.
 Really.
The hat, too, come to think of it. :)
Party Planner.
Maxwell the Lion. :)
This was Katelyn's 2nd costume of the
evening.  By the time we left, she had
transformed into a little dog.  Her parents
are always prepared for her
ever-changing moods. ;-)
Sweet Khiana.  She was over the whole
costume thing before we even got there. :)
Corban, insisting on having his picture taken.  Fine.
Doting. :)
Jen, and her little bat.
Jen, and her cool cat.
Mama, and Zombie Girl.
Hi, Mom.....
Aaggh! 
(She took a really long time coming back out of character. ;-9)
Psst....I'm 34-years-young today, and not afraid to talk about it, unlike my deflector brother. :) 

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

MSue and BMcD said...

Happy Birthday DoRe'!! I hope you had a wonderful weekend!