October 30, 2011

Exhale



The Fall Birthday season has officially ended here in the Recaido-Arnall-Campbell households.  The 3rd week in September marks the beginning of a long stretch of seemingly never-ending birthday cake in this family:

Malia--9/17
Joshua--9/20
Daniel--9/23
Keala--9/29
Mikela--10/9
Kale--10/17
DoRe'--10/29

It gets progressively harder to fit into our pants/skirts during these weeks; the collective sigh of relief heard on my birthday is really just us giving up on trying to suck our stomachs in anymore.  We then have 3 weeks to hit the gym and recover our normally flawless physiques, before it starts all over again at Thanksgiving.  Haha.

Closing ceremonies took place all day Saturday, starting with a leisurely cup of coffee, some early-morning blogging, a quick workout, and then some general laziness.  Then, off to lunch at Hakata for sushi? Yes, please.

They made me share.  :-)
Abby's face is classic in this group shot. :)

After lunch, home to address the kanak attack, before the guests started showing up for birthday cake:

The early birds get the worm. 
Or sit outside in their car and debate going home because
no one else has shown up yet, and maybe there isn't really a
party here tonight. :)

Middle Brother, doing the usual. :)

These two came all the way from Hawaii for my birthday. 
Okay; not entirely true, but they did come from Hawaii,
and it did happen to be my birthday. 
Talking story.

We have more seating in this house than this picture would
indicate.  We're a cozy bunch.
The very cool pumpkin cake Oldest Daughter
made for her mama's birthday.


 It was a good day to get older. :)

Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Do Re'! I just realized how busy, busy, busy I've been! I've missed about 100 posts on your blog! (ok, not really, but you've been quite prolific these past couple of weeks.)

Love the pictures - Happy belated birthday! - Looks you're having a wonderful fall - great costumes - I promise to NEVER wear that outfit if I ever get a chance to visit your home state.

I think that's it.

A great big birthday hug to you,
~Michelle

Anonymous said...

Why don't I ever take time to read your blog - I always love it when I do. =) Thanks for making me smile today. Hugs! JZ