March 18, 2011

Green Day

If you cook it, they will come.

This wise old proverb seems to ring true in this household, despite the mediocrity of my cooking skills--my brothers are either really gracious, or really hungry.  Being the hearty Irish folk we are, tonight's draw included the "typical" St. Patrick's day fare--corned beef, cabbage, mashed potatoes, etc.  I would have taken a picture, but, well...food moves fast around here.

Today also happens to be the 6-year-old's half-birthday.  Yes, we recognize that sort of thing around here--as I recall, it's pretty significant to be able to say you are six-and-a-half, versus being a mere "six."

I'll close with the only picture I took this eve, of the half-birthday girl, and her favorite green-fanged uncle.

I don't know. 



1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love that you celebrate St. Patrick's day and half-birthdays! Not only with the traditional meal, but also the decorations, headbands, beads and green fangs.

Even though they don't know it, my kids wish you were their mom. Seriously. (OK, maybe I wish I was your kid. We don't celebrate enough around here...)

And great picture. :)
Hugs,
~Michelle