September 18, 2010

Hau'oli La Hanau, e Malia



The little girl in the middle transformed into a 6-year-old yesterday. 

Just like that

Didn't even check with me to make sure it was okay. 
(If she had, I probably wouldn't have signed off on it.) 


But it happens anyway--surely, and more swiftly than I could
 have ever imagined. 


With each milestone, I am excited for her, proud of her,
and keenly aware of the fact that
I will never pass this way again.


She and her sisters have been joy unimaginable,
and the best is yet to come.


"In raising my children, I have lost my mind, but found my soul." 
-Lisa T. Shepherd


Indeed.

  



5 comments:

Sandra Ramey said...

cute how you put that! but you wouldn't have it any other way really:)
Love it while you have it (them).

Bethany Raelene said...

Awwwwe.... I hope you print this out and save it for her. You totally made me tear up. :)

Shilani said...

Happy Happy Birthday Malia!! Such a great picture of these three beauties!

Michelle said...

DoRe' - Here is another, crazy way that our lives intersect.

My youngest daughter turned 9 on Sept 17th.

Seriously - what are the chances? Quite good, I suppose, since it happened, but still...

Happy belated birthday to your littlest - that picture is just PRECIOUS! Love it!

Hugs,
Michelle

ps - my littlest guy just turned 7 on August 31. He didn't consult me either. I would have denied that request too!

Mochas, Mountains and Moby Wraps said...

AWESOME photo!!!!