May 14, 2008

"Fruit-O, O Fruiti-O, Where Art Thou, Fruiti-O?"

Okay, so this may be the oddest post ever, BUT....


The girls and I were having a deep, intellectual discussion about--ta da!--fruit snacks. (Yes, this is my life. And I would not trade it for anything.) We were comparing the merits of various brands, considering what makes a fruit snack worthy of falling upon our lips. (Believe me, we're not that picky. Some of us less so than others. "Ha-choo-malia-ha-choo!").
In any case, this brought to remembrance an old favorite--Brach's Fruiti-Os! Do you remember those? I'll be honest--when my sister whipped out my inaugural packet, I was not impressed. But, over time, they kind of grew on me. I don't know if it was the simplicity of their plain O-shape, or the perfect consistency of these little treats, but they did become a matter of habit for me. Fortunately, I had a child with which I could justify this kid-ly indulgence. I hear real grown-ups don't eat fruit snacks.
In any case, I scoured the internet--okay, not really--but could find no sign of them.
Does anyone know what ever happened to the Great and Wondrous Fruiti-O?
By the way, if you're still reading this, I applaud you. You either have a high tolerance for the mundane ramblings of a chaotic mind; or you're a great friend who loves me more than I know; or maybe now, you were once a great friend who has lost all respect for me after reading this post. :p

3 comments:

AdNJen said...

Isn't there a 4th option to choose? In any case, I personally wonder what happened to BONKERS! Strawberry ones, specifically!

And Fruit-O's...it seems like it wasnt' that long ago that they were here! Okay...wait for your phone to ring, kay?

Keala C. said...

FRUITI-O'S?!?!?!

Now that you reminded me - I must have some. Where did they go?

And BTW - I like getting worked up over these types of things because it reminds me of the things that really matter, like what types of fruit snacks our kids eat. :-)

Keala C. said...

P.S. Order them onine - http://www.hometowncandy.com/brachs-fruit-snacks.htm

Yum!