May 13, 2008

Kiana's 8?

So, Kiana Re' turned 8 years old yesterday.
I meant to post on her actual birthday, but I was a tiny bit busy trying to put together the mini birthday party I said we weren't having. I kind of burned out on birthday-party planning, just in time for them to become important to my children--go figure!


Here's the birthday girl, on her way to school.


Her birthday cake. She originally requested a purse cake from Baskin-Robbins, but then changed her mind after she sampled some "Sin" at Aunty Jen's house. We made a chocolate-peanut butter version of it.
(It was her idea to sprinkle her name into it. :) )


The birthday girl, post-present-opening. Her "theme" this year is American Girl, and everyone kindly indulged that. Thanks, Uncle and the DeGroots!

Josh, hassling Anya; Anya, pretending she doesn't notice

Earlier in the day, we did the cupcake thing with her classmates. I was going to take pictures of that, but, as usual, I forgot my camera. Oh, well. It was fun, she was smiley, spent a good amount of time on the phone with various ones who called with birthday wishes. I should end this post before I start getting all sentimental; I just can't believe how quickly time flies!

A hui hou!

3 comments:

Keala C. said...

Hi!!! Tell Nana we said we're sorry we didn't call yesterday...I feel so bad; I thought about it all day and knew she was at school, so by the time I realized she was home, it was this morning! :-( Looks like she had lotsa fun, wish we could have been there! I'll have Cali call later...Love, us.

Anita said...

Happy Birthday Kiana!! What fun...

DoRe - How great to come upon your blog!!!! (thru Danny P) Can't wait to read more.

xoxo,
Anita

Lindie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIANA!!!

Looks like your birthday was a special one!