July 26, 2011

Look, Ma...No Training Wheels!


...-some.  That's how that sentence would have ended, if my battery hadn't died mid-word. :)

Daddy getting her started.

Off she goes...

Getting back on the road after her first crash. :)

Cruisin' with her homie. 
"Hey, Miki, I thought you said this was going to be hard."
"It is; you're just a weirdo."
Happy girl....


Because it's just not right to leave the
 biggest sister out of the post.

As you can imagine, Youngest Daughter is thrilled about her latest accomplishment.  And, just as I'm picturing all three of my lovelies riding off into the sunset together on their bikes-without-training-wheels, the melodic sound of their laughter tinkling through the air, Oldest Daughter swiftly jerks me back to the reality of time marching on, by offering, ever-so-sweetly, to move the Flex out of the driveway. As in, my 11-year-old wants to drive my car.  And I can't even argue the point that she can barely see over the dashboard, because she can, in fact, see over more of it than I can.  LAME!

Enjoying some sweet summer days here, as well as some good sweatshirts-and-coffee weather.  Check back later for some pics from our camping trip at Fort Worden last weekend.

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

So maybe my father-in-law can teach your 11yo to drive. He had my 12yo for a week and tried to teach him.

My 12yo's response?

"I don't really want to drive Grandpa. Not at all. But if you really, really want me to, I guess I can try it. But I don't really want to do it."

I'm thinking this could save me millions on car insurance. Plus driver's ed courses. Plus driving around just to get him hours of driving time. If he doesn't want to drive that much, he can wait until he's 18.

You make me laugh every. single. time.

Love & hugs,
~Michelle

PS Congrats to your youngest! No more training wheels - cool. (Of course I wait until the end to comment on the entire main point of your post. Crazy me.)

Keala C. said...

Well done Malia! You are on your way! :) Love and miss you all!