December 10, 2010

Akaka Falls

We took a quick trip out to Akaka Falls on Wednesday; I haven't been since I was a child.  It was almost like remembering a dream: a familiar pathway, the same soft mist of rain on my face.   I love sharing these places with my daughters.

Heading out on the circle. 
Still takes my breath away.


Our Fab Five.

Rainforest giant.

Art by Kiana. :)

My sister and I.  Quite unfair, really. :-9


Our mini-me's.
Rainforest lace.

Akaka Falls. 

Heading back up the trail.

Wiped out. :D
Only 5 more days here--time has flown.  A hui hou!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful! One day I will visit your island... especially mid-winter when we've had about 500 inches of snow (Maybe I'm exaggerating, a little).

Hugs,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

I miss cousins! And akaka falls! and 70 degree weather, even when it's raining! and the beach! I MISS HAWAII!